Picked up a 2018 Equinox LT with the Confidence/Convenience Package a few weeks ago. Summit white, black interior, 1.5 engine. I like the way it handles and drives, but there are a few things which I don't care for or understand why they were or were not included.
1) In this very competitive class of vehicle (CRV/RAV4/etc) the rear cargo space is a big issue. On the Equinox when the rear seat is folded forward to have a flat cargo area there are clips which stick out of the sides of the vehicle. These clips are what the seats sit in to hold them in place. The one on the passenger side is especially in the way when trying to load the area with stacked boxes, etc. It sticks out 3 inches on both the drivers and passenger sides.
2) Every GM vehicle I have owned with a rear camera has had sound (beeps) which can be heard when backing up and you get too close to an object. This Equinox emits 3 very soft beeps and then no more. The volume can not be adjusted, nor can it be set up to provide the continued beeps as other GM or even other brand vehicles. Yes, this car does have the rear park assist and the side radar back-up to notify if something is coming from the sides while backing up. Pretty much a step backwards eliminating the beeps in my opinion.
3) The keyless ignition is a nice feature which I have had on other brand vehicles. On the Equinox, I have been able to choose a setting so there is no chime or warning when I leave the FOB in the car, such as when parked in the locked garage. However, when I open the door to get in, chimes and a warning on the IP come on saying that the keys are in the vehicle! Of course there is no need to be reminded when getting into the car that the key fob is there since I left it there the night before! No way to shut off that warning message or chimes, yet I can do so in order to leave the fob in the car.
4) The fuel gauge when the tank is full only registers a little over the 7/8 mark, leaving the needle looking like there is not a full tank. I will be checking with the dealership regarding this but don't know if they can really do anything about it. Yes, I have filled the tank twice and kept putting fuel in until it would take no more.
5) Other cars can read and show text messages while driving. Turned in a 2015 Traverse which had this feature and it was truly a hands free process other than touching the screen to view or listen to the message. This one needs a phone plugged into the USB port and the Android Auto app turned on in order to read messages and reply to them. It also doesn't show the phone address book other than starting with the letter A or having to search the address book by touching different letters on the screen of the car.
6) No voice controls for phone, text, climate control, radio or other functions which provided for hands free operations in the Traverse and my other vehicles. Partial voice when the phone is plugged in to the one and only USB port up front to connect to Android Auto.
I am glad I picked up the Equinox, but am also glad it is only a 24 month lease. The rebates, incentives, and other discounts even on the 2018 already made it hard to pass up. Just really kind of surprissed how GM has gone backwards with some of their options and features on this newest model.