SRXForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 29, 2014, 03:01:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: key fob  (Read 19254 times)
Hamradio

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »

Two key "fobs" came with my Terrain.  The door lock function on one key fob has quick working.  All other functions work OK.  All functions work on the second key fob.  I changed the battery and it still doesn't work.  Anyone else have this problem?
Roesterman

Mocha Nox ordered Jan 7th -pick up April 13th 2010

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:06:06 PM »

It has to be reprogrammed.

2010 Chevy Equinox
2LT 1SC 4cyl FWD
Mocha Brownstone Leather 
Trailer Pkg. Huskyliners
DVD  Sunroof  Cargo cover
Chrome Pkg  18" wheels
Islander

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »

Anybody have to replace one of these keyfobs w/remote start??  Either the dog swallowed one of mine or my wife lost it.  Not sure who to blame but my wife swears it's not her fault.  Dog hasn't admitted it either and I've still got MY fob on MY keyring!
Narg

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »

It has to be reprogrammed.

I think you can even reprogram it yourself.  I did that in my Traverse.  Check the manual.  You have to have all the fobs handy if I remember correctly, because you program them all at once.
redlight_005

AWD V6, SLT-2 w/nav and 19" wheels

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 11:45:41 PM »

I think you can even reprogram it yourself.  I did that in my Traverse.  Check the manual.  You have to have all the fobs handy if I remember correctly, because you program them all at once.

Didnt find anything in the manual about re-programming......anyone have some info?  My key fob just stopped working, and it's not the battery.  Worked when leaving work, didnt work when I went to lock it when I got home.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Narg

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 05:39:32 AM »

Wow, the manual only states "done at your dealer" for re-programming the fobs.  My Traverse does it quite easily through the D.I.C., but only when the engine is off.  I'll have to check to see if there isn't some way to do it through the radio on our 'Nox.  I think I remember seeing something there.  One thing I know about re-programming them is that you do them all at once.  If you have to re-program one fob, you have to do all of them.  The start to re-programming erases all previously known fobs.
redlight_005

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »

Yeah I know on my Silverado I can re-learn the fobs right through the DIC......this sucks, gonna have to go to the dealer.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Narg

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 11:26:36 AM »

There are some big differences between the "old GM electronics" and the "new GM electronics".  Some good, and some not-so-good.  I think this one falls into the latter category.  Sorry.
redlight_005

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 06:00:15 PM »

Key fob just started working again all on its own 24 hours later......*dunno*

Narg

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »

Maybe that's a hidden good thing?   wink
redlight_005

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »

Maybe that's a hidden good thing?   wink

Yup....it's got me wondering what the heck happened though! 

ems1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »

I had to get a new key/fob for my '10 Equinox (wife lost hers). I thought I would just order one from ebay like i did with other cars but found the Equinox has a special laser cut key that no one can duplicate. I had to order it through the dealer and it took 3 weeks to get and had to be programmed by the dealer.  Total cost was around $100.

I wasn't too upset with the $100 cost but would have liked to have got it done for less. Anyone have success  replacing the key/fob for less?
SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »

I got 2 key fobs on ebay brand new and uncut for 40$

All i need now if to find a locksmith that will replicate my key...

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 V6 AWD w/tow package
Mocha Metallic Steel / Brownstone Interior
19" OEM GMC Chrome Wheels with TOYO Versado CUV / 18" OEM GMC Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1
Fully loaded no NAV... Garmin 1490LMT GPS
Xtreme HID 5000k White Low Beam / Xtreme HID 5000k White Fogs
GARYD
Theta Freak

USMC 3RD TANK BATT. VIETNAM 1965-1966

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »

This is a stupid question. Does the dealer "CHARGE" to reprogram the fob? What's it take 2 seconds or is more involved? Do you have to reprogram at every battery replacement? Does he charge double to do 2 remotes then he does for 1 remote. Just curious.
My Harley dealer doesn't charge me anything to program my bikes security fob.

2010 Terrain SLT-2
AWD, 6CYL. Onyx Black
Every Conceivable option
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
NoobNox
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »

There are very few things I don't like about my Nox, but the overly fat key fob is one of them. I'm sure if you crack the thing open you'll find that the PCB with the electronics on it is pretty tiny...if GM had gone with a swing out "blade" type key instead of the square type they could have reduced the fob down to nearly half it's size. Of course this would only help us men who pocket our keys...women like a big fob so they can find it in their purse by touch alone.

2010 Equinox 2LT Silver Ice metallic, 2.4 I4, 2WD, Titanium leather
rickbb63

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 09:20:32 AM »

I put a leather cover over my keyfob.  Makes it somewhat thicker but protects it much better.  Found mine on Ebay.  Only shows the 3 buttons though.  Have to sort of guess with the power liftgate and remote start.

2010 Equinox LTZ
Mocha Steel, Brownstone
V6, Sunroof, 19" wheels
Towing package
RNOX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »

I like the FOB.  It actually does well when I go swimming and forget to take it out of my pocket Grin
BigDanInTX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 06:42:09 PM »

I can't keep the fob attached to my regular keys, so I'm purchasing a simple pocket clip that I saw over on edcforums (look up "p-7" +"suspension clip").  You can attach a clip at the bottom for your regular keys and attach a quick-detach for the fob itself.  I chose this method simply to keep all of the keys from sitting on my leg all the time.  I only need to worry about the other keys when I get home and all I will have to do is grab the clip and pull them out.  No digging/rooting around for them.  I'll always know where they are.  Alternatively, you can attach the clip to your belt and drape the keys into your pocket.  This option is good if you know how to work paracord and can create something for this purpose.  =-]

Silver Equinox LT - Black/Titanium Cloth
V6, 18's, Pioneers, 8-way seats, Reverse Camera, Cargo Pkg, Interface Pkg
SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 08:27:03 PM »

Can you post a picture of that setup ?

Thank you !

I can't keep the fob attached to my regular keys, so I'm purchasing a simple pocket clip that I saw over on edcforums (look up "p-7" +"suspension clip").  You can attach a clip at the bottom for your regular keys and attach a quick-detach for the fob itself.  I chose this method simply to keep all of the keys from sitting on my leg all the time.  I only need to worry about the other keys when I get home and all I will have to do is grab the clip and pull them out.  No digging/rooting around for them.  I'll always know where they are.  Alternatively, you can attach the clip to your belt and drape the keys into your pocket.  This option is good if you know how to work paracord and can create something for this purpose.  =-]

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 V6 AWD w/tow package
Mocha Metallic Steel / Brownstone Interior
19" OEM GMC Chrome Wheels with TOYO Versado CUV / 18" OEM GMC Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1
Fully loaded no NAV... Garmin 1490LMT GPS
Xtreme HID 5000k White Low Beam / Xtreme HID 5000k White Fogs
BigDanInTX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »

My preferred option would be to use this Munroe Dangler (these are hand-made by somebody atm, so hard to come by).  It has the pocket clip, two separate holes you can use, flat-head screwdriver and a bottle opener...
http://www.fenixoutfitters.com/munroe-mega-dangler-stonewashed-121

I don't have the P-7 yet (it's on its way), so their pictures will have to suffice.  Imagine the bottom clip on your regular keys and next to that clip is one of those Quick-Detach mechanisms (picture below the link)

http://edcforums.com/content.php/168-TEC-Accessories-P-7-Suspension-Clip

I'll probably end up changing how I set this up once I've used it, but this is how I have it in my head for right now.  =-]

Silver Equinox LT - Black/Titanium Cloth
V6, 18's, Pioneers, 8-way seats, Reverse Camera, Cargo Pkg, Interface Pkg
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: