SRXForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 21, 2014, 05:05:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: Below are the SUV's I test drove before buying the NOX.  Which one, if any, would have been your second choice?
Honda CRV
Hyundia Tuscon
Kia Sportage
Ford Escape
Ford Edge
Toyota Rav4
Nissan Rogue
Dodge Journey
Mazda CX 7
Volvo XC 60

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Drive  (Read 6320 times)
KANWAR

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:13:13 PM »

What SUV's did you test drive before you purchased your NOX/RAIN/SRX?  These were the ones I test drove.

2011 Equinox 2LT,Summit White,17" wheels,2.4 liter,Weathertech Liner,Cargo mgt,fogs.
NoobNox
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »

I test drove everything on your poll list except for the Kia, Mazda, Volvo and Dodge.

2010 Equinox 2LT Silver Ice metallic, 2.4 I4, 2WD, Titanium leather
KANWAR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 04:10:26 PM »

I test drove everything on your poll list except for the Kia, Mazda, Volvo and Dodge.

nice to see similarity, what would have been your second choice if you didnt purchase the NOX.

2011 Equinox 2LT,Summit White,17" wheels,2.4 liter,Weathertech Liner,Cargo mgt,fogs.
NoobNox
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »

nice to see similarity, what would have been your second choice if you didnt purchase the NOX.
Probably a low mileage used Edge (new ones are overpriced imo) or a Toyota Rav4. The swing out rear door and bland styling of the Rav4 killed my enthusiasm. The Hyundai Tucson was surprisingly nice and the price was right...but I couldn't get over my mental block of Hyundai being the "low priced junk" of the import world. All in all, I still feel I made the right choice with the Nox.

KANWAR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 08:26:11 AM »

Probably a low mileage used Edge (new ones are overpriced imo) or a Toyota Rav4. The swing out rear door and bland styling of the Rav4 killed my enthusiasm. The Hyundai Tucson was surprisingly nice and the price was right...but I couldn't get over my mental block of Hyundai being the "low priced junk" of the import world. All in all, I still feel I made the right choice with the Nox.

that was my exact experience too.  Wife and i test drove a used Edge.  Nice unit, but over priced.  The Nox was hands down our favorite, and we love it.

mnussbaum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

I liked the Escape a lot but what stopped me was that it's an old design and a new one is coming for the 2012 model year.  I was afraid I'd get bored with the styling (again, old design) and then feel buyer's remorse when the new ones arrived.  Although I don't know what it will look like...but I'm quite happy with my Nox.  Smiley

Mike
2011 Chevy Equinox | 1LT | FWD | 4 cyl | Twilight Blue | Jet Black, Light Titanium | Driver's Convenience Pkg | Cargo Mgmt Pkg
NoobNox
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 08:36:28 AM »

I liked the Escape a lot but what stopped me was that it's an old design and a new one is coming for the 2012 model year.  I was afraid I'd get bored with the styling (again, old design) and then feel buyer's remorse when the new ones arrived.  Although I don't know what it will look like...but I'm quite happy with my Nox.  Smiley
I really wanted to like the Escape because of the traditional SUV styling and the old school 2-way rear hatch...but after two test drives I concluded that the ride was little too choppy, a little noiser than some of the competition, and even decked out in leather the interior looked dated compared to newer designs. The Edge had a better ride and a more pleasing interior, but the asking price even for a lower end model just seemed too high for what you're getting. The Nox is definitely a better value and an overall better vehicle....but I'm still interested in seeing what Ford does with the new Escape and eventually Edge replacements. (or whatever they will be called)

mnussbaum

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »

In truth my test drive of the Escape was probably 8-10 months ago, so it wasn't a head-to-head comparison.  But I agree, the ride was choppy and the overall package seemed a bit dated, even with some of the recent updates (Sync for example).  I also hated the styling of the Edge and thought it was overpriced.

The Nox is definitely a better value and an overall better vehicle....but I'm still interested in seeing what Ford does with the new Escape and eventually Edge replacements. (or whatever they will be called)
Agree 100%!

Mike
2011 Chevy Equinox | 1LT | FWD | 4 cyl | Twilight Blue | Jet Black, Light Titanium | Driver's Convenience Pkg | Cargo Mgmt Pkg
Don 1948

mg]

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »

Kia Sorento SE

2012  Equinox 1LT Built 11/01/2011, Bought 11/25/2011
Mocha Steel Metalic / Black Interior
4cyl,Driver convienance package,Cargo convienance package,Protection package
Wife drives a 2006 HHR 2LT
NODES

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »

If I couldn't have my Terrain for some reason and money were no object, my personal preference list probably would have been something like:
Cadillac SRX
GMC Terrain
Chevy Equinox
Ford Edge
Dodge Durango

like your American cars...eh?
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »

We were looking at the Terrain or Nox and really had little interest in the others. The Edge was the only one we could have considered but the sticker was over $40K.

If we did not go for the two GM SUV's it would have been a Regal Turbo.

NancyR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »

I drove the Kia Sorrento and the Hyundai Santa Fe.  I hadn't even given a thought to the Terrain until I sat in it at an auto show and when the cockpit wrapped itself around me I knew I was hooked.  Even though I still drove the others, I kept comparing them to the Terrain and they came up short.  Although with some of the problem that I have had, I'm thinking my heart lead over my brain!

And unlike some, I absolutely LOVE the red interior lights!

2011 6cyl Terrain SLE-2 in Quicksilver
Towing and Convenience Packages
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »

I pretty much started at what suv could fit a 81inch long handcycle with a passenger, looked good in and out and good mpg. Drove almost everything from A-Z in the price point and segment and I have the salesmen voicemails to prove it lol. Always owned Chevy's and the Nox had everything i wanted!  Almost went for a truck again but didn't need something that big and didn't need a gas guzzler. Kia Sorento was a contender but the only one that looked decent to me was a Awd fully loaded SX Gray or white but alot of $$. So the Nox was the one. Love my Chevy!

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
yaroze

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 06:01:52 PM »

My second choice was either a VW Tiguan or Subaru Forester, but I fell in love with my Terrain!
SonoGal12

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »

Oddly enough, I didn't think I'd get an SUV so I didn't test drive any others. I looked at them, but none felt right. Then, out of sheer curiosity I sat in my Nox and went, "Oh yeah, let's drive..." Loved it, but then still tried out a few sedans and went, "Nope, I'll take the Nox." Even took it on one more long spin without the salesman while he crunched some numbers. Did a few of my favorite test drive musts my dad taught me and loved it even more.

Mon-Fri is my company car drive time, so I wanted something I really loved, could fit my friends inside comfortably, and haul a ton of groceries. Now I find excuses to go for a drive in it when I get home from driving 10 hours for work. THAT's saying something!!

(PS: My one sister-in-law has the Terrain and loves the red interior lights too. My work car is a Pontiac and has them, can't stand the things myself but to each their own.  wink )

2012 Chevrolet Equinox
LT V6 AWD
Black Granite Metallic
Drove it off the lot 6/3/2012 with only 25 miles and I did 18 of those on the test drive.
darkside

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 07:24:10 PM »

Drove most of them including the Equinox preferred the Terrain.

Come to the darkside We have cookies!
13 Terrain 3.6L v6 awd  red
teetertotter

USAF Vet., Family, NRA .22 Rifle Competition

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 05:47:36 AM »

This being the equinox forum, I thought I would submit a response even though recently purchased a Terrain.   We really did not look around other than look at a Kia Sorrento on a Sunday at the local dealer.  I liked the body style of the Terrain over other small CUV's on the road the size of the Terrain.  The biggest draw was having access to employee GM discount and any other incentives that went with it.  Also, the dealer where we had our trade in Acadia, has a super service dept with great staff.  I liked the more squared, truck like look of the Terrain too.

We recently visited my sister in GA and they had purchased a 2012 Sorrento. They bought the cheaper model with 4 cylinder and can only say the ride was not as nice as the Terrain.

12', V6, SLE2, BLK, AWD, Syn Oil, 36K mi
Tier 1 Gas, Ziebart Rust Proof, Glare.com
Janesville, WI
--------------------
Boys&Girls Club - Volunteer
housing4ourVets.org - Volunteer
Elementary School - Volunteer
Men's City Homeless Shelter - Volunteer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: