SRXForum.net Bookmark and Share
October 25, 2014, 10:55:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: Which Tires came on your terrain
Michelin - 116 (74.8%)
Hankook - 23 (14.8%)
Firestone - 16 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 155

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which tires on your Terrain  (Read 13253 times)
buickanddeere

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 12:01:41 PM »

We bought extra rims and real winter Michelin mountain and snowflake tires for November to March driving.
dvsslt

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »

18"  Michelin Lattitude and very happy with them

2012 GMC TERRAIN SLT
2012 CHEVY CRUZE LTZ RS
2006 CHEVY CORVETTE Z51
nesconset

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 01:37:09 AM »

19" Hankook tires. Unhappy to notice they were made in China
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 05:04:35 AM »

19" Hankook tires. Unhappy to notice they were made in China

Where they are made has no effect on them. They are just Cheap tires. Most other companies also make tires there of equal quality they have if they are made here or Europe.

Many people do not realize even tires like the Pirellis on the Camaro are made in Brazil as it is cheaper to make.

The Hankooks are junk just because they are cheap Hankooks.

Most OE tires are now made outside the country as they are often older models tires or cheaper brands as OE mfg. do not want to pay anything for the tires. Many MFG have left the market as they do not like the reputation of poor cheap tires in the public hands and not make any money on top of it. This is why companies like Hankook and Pirelli are now in the market that were not a part of before.

Note even the Michelins often are older model tires and not the best they sell. Goodyear has pretty much left the market unless they can make money on a higher end car or special needs car like the ZL1 or Volt where the MFG will pay more for the tires to get what they offer. It is said the Goodyears on the Volt have good grip but the Fuel max adds miles to the electric charge. GM and Toyota are willing to pay extra.

inphoenix

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 04:55:42 PM »

18"  Michelin Lattitude.  22,000 miles and seems hardly worn. Good in light snow and heavy rain storms at interstate speeds.  Keep 38-40 PSI Cold.  Expensive tire, but if these last to 60,000...I will buy the same.  notworthy
I put 63,000 on a set of those in Phoenix. Replaced with the same. Great tires.

2010 Equinox LT2, Cardinal Red,
V6
18 inch wheels
Pioneer System ( Bose killer)
PDIM
Sunroof
sidebite252

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 04:04:53 AM »

There is a real good chance the Michelin Latitude will be the tire that replaces the Hankook Hockey Pucks on our Terrain.

2012 Quicksilver SLT-1
3.0 AWD w/ Dubs, Duals, Bling, and Babes!
Pimpin' Ain't Easy
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 05:18:19 AM »

Might check as I am sure there is even a better Michelin offered if you want to stay with that brand. Warning all are over priced. My Old crappy Pilots were almost $200 on my Chevy.
Terrainguy1978

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »

I recently had an Equinox as a loaner while my Terrain was in for service.  I immediately noticed the ride was a lot smoother and quieter with the Nox, it had the Michelins on it, however I also noticed it had a more loose suspension and much more of a minivan sort of feel to it while driving compared to my Terrain.  I have the Firestones on the Terrain, which certainly deliver a more rugged driving experience.  I find the Firestones great in the rain, however in the snow I found they will let you go...but won't let you stop.  I'm figuring a set of Blizzaks coming on in November.

2012 GMC Terrain SLE1 Graystone Metallic
Former Ford Guy... converted!
Papa Smurf Rides On

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 07:58:23 AM »

There is a real good chance the Michelin Latitude will be the tire that replaces the Hankook Hockey Pucks on our Terrain.

My Michelin's have quite possibly been the best factory tire I've ever had on a car.  The last 2 or 3 new cars I've bought had Hankooks on them, and those were absolute GARBAGE!

2013 I4 Equinox
teetertotter

Bought new 14' Acadia SLT-1 10-14-14. No Terrain

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »

18"  Michelin Lattitude.  22,000 miles and seems hardly worn. Good in light snow and heavy rain storms at interstate speeds.  Keep 38-40 PSI Cold.  Expensive tire, but if these last to 60,000...I will buy the same.  notworthy

Sounds encouraging!  Worth the price it sounds like!

10-14-14
Traded 12' Terrain, V6, SLE-2, AWD,  for a new 14' Acadia
SLT-1 w dual temp controls, heat/cool rear, and comfort ride on long trips.
vegasjim

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 11:04:06 PM »

Hankook H725 garbage or should I say squerrily garbage. The worst tire I have had in 74 years of driving and am POed at GMC for putting them on vehicles!!!
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2013, 06:18:39 AM »

The worst tire I have had in 74 years of driving

Wow - you are even older than me - or else you started driving at a negative age.  Congratulations on your continued longevity.  Many more years to you !

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2013, 06:51:18 AM »

Just traded the 10 in for a 13 and it has Firestones on it instead of Michelins  Different tire all together. I'd preferr the Michelins..

Terrainguy1978

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:21 PM »

Just traded the 10 in for a 13 and it has Firestones on it instead of Michelins  Different tire all together. I'd preferr the Michelins..

Like I said.... the Firestones certainly have a more "rugged" feeling!  They are great on wet pavement though... I've never had a hydroplaning feeling, and the truck corners the off-ramps at a good jaunt nooooo problem.... granted I think the AWD also helps compensate when hitting mini lakes like those on most Toronto streets during a downpour.  I've got just over 22,000 miles on these Firestones and they show no real signs of wear... however I do mostly highway trips.  Curious to see how long I get out of them.

2012 GMC Terrain SLE1 Graystone Metallic
Former Ford Guy... converted!
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »

Now at the HHR web site the OE Firestones are one of the most hated tires ever. The best upgrade for any HHR is to dump the Stones.

To be fair they are an old design and a cheap tire but they do more damage to Firestone than good.
Wings34

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2013, 03:46:59 PM »

Just noticed that they now offer BFG Long Trails in size 235/55/18.  This is a new size as they never were available before.  I will be getting these for my next tires.

I've had 2 sets of them on my wife's Highlander and they are bar far the BEST tires I've ever had on any vehicle in my entire life.  A+ in all categories including tread wear, noise, and handling.  The only thing I can't comment on is snow/ice traction since I live in California.  But I've read some reviews saying that they perform well.

Only negative is that they are $175.00 each out here, but still cheaper than the OEM Michelin Latitudes.  I firmly believe that you get what you pay for when it comes to tires.

2012 GMC Terrain SLT
3.0L V6
Chrome Grill, Mirrors, and Door Handles
K&N Air Filter
VG Shark Fin Antenna

1994 Corvette LT-1
buickanddeere

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »

Michelin Summer tires on aftermarket aluminum rims. Michelin tires with the snowflake and mountain symbol on the factory rims for winter. AS tires are a cruel joke making drivers believe they have winter traction.
Silverado6x6

Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2013, 08:41:29 PM »

The 2012 Nox i bought here in Alaska last week had Michelin Latitude Tourings on it, very good tire and did well on light ice and snow.
Then I bought a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM V1 17" tires two days ago, great tire in the deeper snow.

2012 Equinox LT1 AWD 2.4
2005 Pontiac Aztek AWD
2002 Silverado 6x6 8.1 dually.
And 12 motorcycles
Ajax

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 09:15:57 AM »

do yourself a favor and get the General Altimax RT43...i upsized to the 235/65-17's....just an amazing tire..."T" speed rated ones...

2012 Equinox 4cyl FWD LTZ...fully loaded
just a daily driver...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: